Old June 8th 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard M Willis Richard M Willis is offline

Default Bottled water on tube

David Walters wrote in message . ..

Might be an even better idea if they had some free water fountains on each
platform.

It wouldn't be allowed by H&S.

Why not? One of the things I like about The US is in most public
places their will be a water fountain. If they can handle it why
can't we?

Don't you remember that Quincy episode where someone dumped some
bad food into a sink and it got siphoned unnoticed into the
water fountains, causing botulism ?

Having seen the inside of some LUL washrooms, I wouldn't like to
drink from a tap served by the same supply.

Also, a drinking fountain would inevitably get gobbed in, ****ed
in, or be treated as an ashtray or garbage receptacle. Presumably
the Americans don't suffer from this sort of thing.

Water would have to be in sealed containers.

Why is it different from the tap in the corner of my office?

Your office is in a controled environment, and doesn't have
unknown unwashed people visiting it for 21h a day.

Richard [in PO7]