Old April 5th 18, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default 2 london bendy buses spotted

On 4 Apr 2018 18:11:47 GMT, Marland wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 3 Apr 2018 11:34:52 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:

Here's another spotted on Friday:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-43601949

Ever get the feeling maintenance was a bit slack? Also I wouldn't want to be
on an aircraft with problems at that airport if their fire trucks take so
long to turn up that the bus is virtually burnt out.

Different territory (landside vs airside); different fire trucks.

Thats no excuse. Would they have been happy to watch the terminal burn down?

What are the roads like around the terminal.?
The type of Fire truck used at Stansted is 3metres wide, a typical fire
brigade one is 2.3

I doubt the roads are so narrow that the airside type could not get around
driven carefully but in the excitement of a shout it may not be the best
time to find out. And would they be legal to use on a road that while it is
probably airport property may come under the various road traffic acts
because it is accessible by the public.

Stansted Airport Fire Service appear to have a normal fire engine as
well as a handful of much bigger airport specific vehicles. Looks tiny
next to them. All appear to have registration plates and up to date VED
so appear legal on the roads.

(I'm not saying they should respond to anything other than aircraft
fires, just that the fleet would appear to be able to from a driving
on the roads perspective. I expect there is more to fighting fires than
arriving in a big red truck and glaring at it.)