Old April 10th 18, 03:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Ex-Victoria line unit at Action Town

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 14:22:05 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 12:41:58 +0100
Recliner wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 08:33:02 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 01:46:24 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Brexit could have an effect in the future if it cuts the number of EU
citizens coming to work in London, but I doubt that it's had much effect
yet.

If the amount of Polish I hear on my journey

I wonder what they're saying about you?

Notalot I imagine. They're probably thinking "Perhaps I should have worked
harder at school and got some decent qualifications, then I wouldn't have to
travel 1000 miles just to get a job making overpriced coffee for mininum

wage".

They're probably graduates in a field with few jobs back home.

If you've got a degree in engineering you don't move across a continent to
work for **** wages in a coffee shop and live in a bedsit. They could do that
in their own country. Some might be here as students to learn english or just
for the sake of living abroad, but in general the blue collar sector gets the
bottom of the barrel who are too useless to get a job back home or do jobs
where the work moves around such as in construction and are so desperate for
work they're quite happy to be treated as virtual slaves in a way that brits
would not. Its a license for employers to exploit.