Old June 8th 04, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard M Willis Richard M Willis is offline

Default Those "Pre Pay users" Oyster validators

TheOneKEA wrote in message ...

So you're saying that you don't touch the validators when you enter a
DLR station, and you don't touch them when you exit a DLR station?

Sounds like she's saying that you don't (or shouldn't) need to
swipe the card on the validator when you are
a) interchanging between operators/lines at an interchange station
and
b) when you have a travelcard, as opposed to prepay.

With prepay, there is the possibility of having an unclosed
or ambiguous journey. This isn't usually the case with
travelcards.

However, it also appears that you *do* sometimes have to
validate the card, even with travelcards. I don't know why,
and I don't know where I first heard it.

Richard [in PO7]