Old May 1st 18, 05:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default New for old Oyster exchange?

On 30/04/2018 11:12, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:49:21 on Mon, 30
Apr 2018, Clive Page remarked:

It also says (a deal-breaker for me) that it you already have a
National Rail discount on your old card you will need to get it set up
again on the new one.Â* That can take an awful lot of time as it's only
done by suitably clued-up member of their roving staff at an
underground station.

It's not *that* bad. After I eventually prised him away (which he
appeared to resent somewhat) from chatting idly to a colleague, a
"roving" chap at Kings Cross added my railcard in a minute or two.

Piccadilly Circus wrongly told me it could only be done at some kind of
tourist information centre(?). A roving person at KXStP just did it on
the spot. I suspect places linked to National Rail might be more clued up.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK