Old May 1st 18, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default New for old Oyster exchange?

In message , at
18:33:24 on Tue, 1 May 2018, Arthur Figgis
remarked:
It also says (a deal-breaker for me) that it you already have a
National Rail discount on your old card you will need to get it set
up again on the new one.* That can take an awful lot of time as it's
only done by suitably clued-up member of their roving staff at an
underground station.

It's not *that* bad. After I eventually prised him away (which he
appeared to resent somewhat) from chatting idly to a colleague, a
"roving" chap at Kings Cross added my railcard in a minute or two.

Piccadilly Circus wrongly told me it could only be done at some kind of
tourist information centre(?).

Those are the handful of TfL operated "Let us sell you a tourist-tax
priced ticket to Madame Tussauds" places, one of which is at the very
west end (upstairs) of the St Pancras southern ticket hall. Another is
(was?) on the front of the Euston concourse near the down-escalators to
the tube.

Despite much disinformation, they are absolutely not the place to buy,
or get advice about, travel tickets.