Old June 9th 04, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Beale Peter Beale is offline

Default Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

In article , (Terry Harper) wrote:

Do the USAns have filter arrows, or is it a Europe-specific thing ?

Not usually, but they often have arrows above the lanes which are
supposed to go that way.

On a recent trip it struck me that in the USA there is far more actual
reading than here - although they do use arrows and other symbols,
there is much of "LEFT TURNS MUST TURN LEFT", "WRONG WAY",
"RIGHT HAND LANE ENDS IN 100 FEET" and the like. Also that they
tend to use "feet" rather than "yards" for horizontal distances (we
have "feet" for vertical, though).

--
Peter Beale