Old June 9th 04, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Bottled water on tube

Annabel Smyth wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 at 11:39:49, Richard M Willis
wrote:

Also, a drinking fountain would inevitably get gobbed in, ****ed
in, or be treated as an ashtray or garbage receptacle. Presumably
the Americans don't suffer from this sort of thing.

But surely the whole point of water fountains is that they produce a
stream which arches up, so your mouth doesn't have to go anywhere
near the actual outlet. And, from what I remember of the US, the
fountains were too high up to be peed into, unless you were a
contortionist!

That's a gender-specific comment. Remember that some of us can do the
"stream which arches up" bit ourselves.
:-)

--
Richard J.