Old June 9th 04, 07:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default UK Petrol prices

In article ,
Stimpy wrote:
Richard J. wrote:

That can't be right; it would imply an average tax rate of 41%. I
think you'll find that such calculations start at the beginning of
the UK tax year, 6th April.

That's right... A standard rate income tax payer actually pays over 40% in
tax when you take into account indirect taxes

You pay somewhere around that in _direct_ taxes - don't forget National
Insurance.

Nick
--
"And we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what is
neurotypical anyway. Thank you". -- not quite DNA