Old June 9th 04, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Bottled water on tube

Annabel Smyth wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 at 13:58:42, Richard J.
wrote:

Annabel Smyth wrote:

But surely the whole point of water fountains is that they
produce a stream which arches up, so your mouth doesn't have to
go anywhere near the actual outlet. And, from what I remember of
the US, the fountains were too high up to be peed into, unless
you were a contortionist!

That's a gender-specific comment. Remember that some of us can do
the "stream which arches up" bit ourselves.
:-)

True, but I would have thought that, unless one were *very* drunk,
one would try not to draw attention to oneself peeing in a public
place....

But many people *are* very drunk, have imbibed large quantities of
liquid, and cough obviously would not wish to pollute the pavements
and parks, and are therefore forced, despite their obvious
embarrassment, to use this urinal made for giants, which conveniently
has a flushing facility.
--
Richard J.