Old June 8th 18, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Mr. Khan's Latest Environmental Venture.

On 08/06/2018 18:20, Robin9 wrote:
I've just received an email from TfL announcing that Mr Khan will
proceed with his scheme to clamp down on vehicle emissions in the area
surrounded by the North and South Circular Roads.

http://tinyurl.com/y7uz6sht

If you read the whole thing, it's worse than that. As of 26th October
2020, any large vehicle going into the current LEZ )(Basically, anywhere
inside the old Green Belt) will have to be Euro 6 or better. That's
every lorry delivering stuff and every bus or coach carrying passengers.

In effect, it means that any commercial vehicle more than 5 years old
(With an expected life of at least 15 years) will have to be expensively
modified, replaced or pay a fee of £200 per day when it's in London. The
modifications on our older coaches will cost £20,000 each, for an
expected life of 5 years or less. Because so many will be on the market,
their value will reduce drastically, so increasing the cost of transport
to everyone in London.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.