Old June 9th 04, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

(Peter Beale) wrote the following in:
o.uk

In article ,
(Terry Harper) wrote:

Do the USAns have filter arrows, or is it a Europe-specific
thing ?

Not usually, but they often have arrows above the lanes which are
supposed to go that way.

On a recent trip it struck me that in the USA there is far more
actual reading than here - although they do use arrows and other
symbols, there is much of "LEFT TURNS MUST TURN LEFT", "WRONG
WAY", "RIGHT HAND LANE ENDS IN 100 FEET" and the like. Also that
they tend to use "feet" rather than "yards" for horizontal
distances (we have "feet" for vertical, though).

Even the speed limit signs say "SPEED LIMIT 30" or whatever, instead of
just a 30 in a red circle.

--
message by Robin May. Inimitable, but would you want to anyway?
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

http://robinmay.fotopic.net
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.