Old June 9th 04, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Bottled water on tube

Annabel Smyth wrote the following in:

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 at 13:58:42, Richard J.
wrote:

Annabel Smyth wrote:

But surely the whole point of water fountains is that they
produce a stream which arches up, so your mouth doesn't have to
go anywhere near the actual outlet. And, from what I remember
of the US, the fountains were too high up to be peed into,
unless you were a contortionist!

That's a gender-specific comment. Remember that some of us can do
the "stream which arches up" bit ourselves.
:-)

True, but I would have thought that, unless one were *very* drunk,
one would try not to draw attention to oneself peeing in a public
place....

No shortage of very drunk people in London!

--
message by Robin May. Inimitable, but would you want to anyway?
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

http://robinmay.fotopic.net
Spelling lesson: then and than are different words.