Old June 11th 18, 07:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Plan to pedestrianise London's Oxford Street scrapped

On 11/06/2018 18:39, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:24:43 on Mon, 11 Jun
2018, remarked:

It's a marginal problem. Some destinations aren't worth flying to with
either the transfer passengers or the local passengers as the sole load.
Add the two together, and you have a full plane which makes a profit, as
against two part full ones, neither of which is profitable. It costs
almost the same to fly empty as full.

So currently no actual examples from either roland or you.

I remember when flights to Seattle from Heathrow were only four times a
week. Picking up transfer passengers from Europe meant they could go to
daily.

Although I quite liked being "stranded" in Seattle for a day after my
meeting ended - I could play tourist. Not every businessman would think
the same.

As long as you weren't sleepless…

--
Graeme Wall