Old June 12th 18, 03:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Plan to pedestrianise London's Oxford Street scrapped

Roland Perry wrote:
In message
-sept
ember.org, at 15:03:59 on Tue, 12 Jun 2018, Recliner
remarked:

And did you get taken to the Microsoft Store?

Yes, and got staff discount. But maybe everyone gets that?

I thought you had to be accompanied by a Microsoft employee.

I was, because that's who I was visiting, so they showed me around.

Yes, I think that's part of the standard offer to Redmond visitors. They
were quite surprised when I politely declined, on each of the occasions I
was invited to visit the Store.

Like you, when I had spare time on one visit, I rode the monorail to the
Space Needle, but was disappointed by how dated it seemed. On the other
hand, the Underground Seattle tour, highly recommended to me by a MSFT
super techie, was excellent. He had a large collection of little cubes on
his shelf, each representing a patent he'd been awarded. He had dozens of
them.