Old June 10th 04, 12:24 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.local.london.info,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Was No Puter' No train tickets, OT Stansted cashpoints AND Gatwick Cashpoints

In message , Al
writes
Perhaps more likely, the machines had simply run out of cash

Incompetence, therefore.

That's why sensible folk carry spare cash.

And if you've just flown in from foreign parts?

Like me, they've exchanged for cash before they leave. What's so hard about
that? Even the Post Office will do it these days!

I wasn't aware that the UK Post Office had any outlets in the USA for me
to get pounds in advance of travelling to the UK.

Advice for travellers from the USA is invariably not to try to get UK
money from USA banks, but use a cash machine on arrival.