Old June 20th 18, 07:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Contactless tube payment accepted by Natwest despite zero funds

In message , at 07:34:01 on Wed, 20 Jun
2018, tim... remarked:

The payment has come up as ‘London Transport’ rather than TFL. Anyone
have any insight on this?

Mine says (sorry about the caps):

TFL.GOV.UK/CP - VICTORIA STREET, TFL TRAVEL CH,SW1H 0TL,GBR

when I made an online top-up to my PAYG I got:

OYSTER RENEW WEB 0343 2221234 GB

What we can probably conclude from this it that the wording in question
isn't pushed by TfL to the card company, but comes from a lookup table
held by the card company, into which they have put something they think
might be helpful to their customers (or more precisely, helpful to the
bank because it seeks to reduce the number of calls they get querying
the charges).