Old June 10th 04, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Splett David Splett is offline

Default LU Stock Transfer Routes

"Sharon & Gordon Thomson" wrote in
message ...
Has its use always been restricted to one train in one
direction at a time because of tight clearance?

No. This restriction appears to date from approximately the time of the East
London Line Closure. I can't remember if it was just before, during or just
after.

Has anyone on the group
travelled it over it?

Yes; last year's East London Explorer railtour, operated by Cravens Heritage
Trains, ran over it in both directions. I have also seen material which
suggest that football specials from Surrey Quays have taken passengers over
it; I've no idea what (if) that ceased happening.