Old June 23rd 18, 08:58 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clive D.W. Feather Clive D.W. Feather is offline

Default What went wrong with the new Thameslink timetable

In article , bob writes
Yes - just one example of EU and its commissioners meddling in things
that ought to be none of its concern - examples which probably persuaded
some people to vote "Exit".

But the EU commissioners are nothing but the appointees of elected
governments. Was this a question of the “EU” setting a requirement or
national governments wanting to do a thing that they were worried would be
unpopular, so laundering the legislation through the EU?

That's a procedure common enough that we called it "Eurowashing" when I
was active in regulatory work.

--
Clive D.W. Feather