Old June 27th 18, 07:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default How do I pay for DLR? And barrier stuck open on underground

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
00:20:07 on Wed, 27 Jun 2018, Offramp remarked:
On Tuesday, 26 June 2018 21:57:28 UTC+1, matthew3774 wrote:
I used the DLR yesterday and seeing no barriers or anywhere where I
needed to tap my Oyster card I didn’t do so. How are you meant to use
the DLR as I assume it’s not free?

And will I be fined?

If you touched out you will be charged the maximum fare for the
journey, £8.00. I can't imagine how you missed the Oyster card readers.

They are very easy to miss at several DLR stations, sometimes being
tucked away behind staircases where you don't actually walk past them.

Yes, I agree. Some give the impression of being almost deliberately hidden.
Sometimes I've had to go back and find one, when I realised I'd not touched
in or out.

Luckily, I no longer need to bother: I do touch in or out when I see one,
but don't worry if I miss it.