Old June 10th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Tube fare prices

In message , Richard J.
writes
Alternatives for a Zone 1 tube journey are Oyster Pre-Pay (£1.60)

Not wishing to be a stick-in-the-mud I've bought one of these on my way
back. A few observations:

The application form doesn't allow for overseas addresses (but they
didn't seem to mind when I handed it in).

They don't have an opt-out for TFL spamming me. This is extremely dodgy.

When I got to Paddington (Hammersmith and City, platform 15) my next
train (for which I already had a paper ticket) was on platform 14. There
isn't an obvious Oyster validator at this location.

Nor do the displays say where the trains stop, you have to go down to
platform level, however this is First Link's (is that really what Thames
trains is called this week??) problem, not Oyster's. The destination was
"Langley", which I'm not very familiar with. An odd place to terminate a
train...