Old June 29th 18, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default How do I pay for DLR? And barrier stuck open on underground

On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 15:59:54 -0700 (PDT)
Offramp wrote:
On Wednesday, 27 June 2018 09:38:05 UTC+1, wrote:

If you have a season ticket why bother.

Because if you have a zones 2-5 travelcard and you travel from King George V
to Finchley, changing at Bank, without touching in, you are evading the fare
for zone 1.

I can't say I'd be so wrecked with guilt if making that trip as to bother.
Plus you could always say you got the north london line to stratford and
skipped zone 1 altogether. Tbh I think its somewhat unreasonable of TfL to
assume you took the most expensive route unless you touched at an interchange
machine. It should be the other way around - assume you took the cheapest
route unless there is no alternative.