Old July 2nd 18, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default How do I pay for DLR? And barrier stuck open on underground

On 02/07/2018 09:32, wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 12:52:44 -0700 (PDT)
Offramp wrote:
On Friday, 29 June 2018 16:48:00 UTC+1, wrote:

Possibly. They're certainly cynical enough to do that.

Cynical gits for demanding the right fare. What gits.

No, cynical for not making it clear that the next stop is the only DLR station
in zone 1 and people should have the right tickets. But instead, hey, lets
just send in the grippers and extract penalty fares instead.

Why the DLR doesn't just install gatelines is a mystery to me. Its a proper
metro system now, not the toytown train of the 80s and should start acting
like one.

Because then you'd have to staff every station, and one person isn't
sufficient so you'd need a second, then for every person you'd need 4 to
cover all the shifts and then you'd have to install the gateline
hardware and make sure there was sufficient circulation room to avoid
crushes at the gateline and so on and so on....