Old July 4th 18, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Electric black cabs

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 10:41:36 +0100
John Williamson wrote:
On 04/07/2018 10:07, wrote:

Seems to me the range and performance of electric vehicles is now good enough

for most people. The problem is charging. Along with probably the majority of

people in this country I don't have a driveway and trailing a cable out into
the street across the pavement simply isn't an option, nor is sitting at
a service station for 2 hours.

In a number of residential areas, they are now installing kerbside fast
chargers for residents to use.

The obvious problem with those is some kids coming along late at night and
finding it hilarious to unplug all the cars in a road so no one has charge
in the morning. Unless they factor in the human element with secure locking
systems it just won't work.

to ensure they can get a charge (Unless they are Tesla drivers, in which
case, they can only use Tesla chargers...(Are Tesla the Apple of the
electric car world?)).

Their car interiors certainly give that impression. All a bit minimalist with
a nice looking but not very usable dashboard. Putting every single function
into a touchscreen is just idiotic - I don't want to have to pull over just
to change the feckin aircon setting, never mind the radio.