Old July 4th 18, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Electric black cabs

On Tue, Jul 03, 2018 at 05:28:16PM +0100, Someone Somewhere wrote:

I do wonder as and when we move to primarily electric vehicles whether
that will change the desirability of a large chunk of London housing
which is close to major roads - if the noise reduces dramatically and
the pollution pretty much disappears...

See the chart on page 8 of this:
http://www.ukna.org.uk/uploads/4/1/4...ffic_noise.pdf

In summary, at 30mph and higher most traffic noise is not coming from
the engine. For newer vehicles (including internal combustion vehicles,
not just electrics) tyre noise predominates at lower speeds.

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

I think the most difficult moment that anyone could face is seeing
their domestic servants, whether maid or drivers, run away
-- Abdul Rahman Al-Sheikh, writing on 25 Jan 2004 at
http://www.arabnews.com/node/243486