Old July 4th 18, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Electric black cabs

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 12:16:39 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:07:25 on Wed, 4 Jul
2018, remarked:

Seems to me the range and performance of electric vehicles is now good enough
for most people. The problem is charging. Along with probably the majority of
people in this country I don't have a driveway

Nor for many of them, a mains supply rated at 60A+ to feed a charger, if
more than about one in ten houses has such a charger.

and trailing a cable out into the street across the pavement simply
isn't an option, nor is sitting at a service station for 2 hours.

You appear to made a significant lifestyle choice in the characteristics
of your residence.

Eh? With houses you buy what you can afford, which isn't necessarily the ideal.
If I could have afforded a 5 bed in Esher I'd have bought one.