Old July 4th 18, 04:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Electric black cabs

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 09:07:25 +0000 (UTC), wrote:
Seems to me the range and performance of electric vehicles is now good enough
for most people. The problem is charging. Along with probably the majority of
people in this country I don't have a driveway and trailing a cable out into
the street across the pavement simply isn't an option, nor is sitting at
a service station for 2 hours.

The majority of homes (in England) have a garage (40%) or other off street parking (26%).

https://assets.publishing.service.go...48/2173483.pdf
English Housing Survey HOMES 2010 2.33

I agree it's a problem for a third of homes though.

What I haven't seen is the figures further broken down by car
ownership. 23% of households don't have cars which might overlap with
the 34% without off-road parking.