Old July 5th 18, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Electric black cabs

On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 13:38:09 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
In fact "installing chargers" isn't the main problem.

boltar stated "the majority of people in this country ... don't have a
driveway" which is what I was questioning.

It's
upgrading the local electricity supply infrastructure to be able to cope
with the extra load (even assuming central generating has the capacity).

I don't really know about that. I've seen some people claim smart chargers
which know how busy the local grid is will save the day. If I had an
EV I'd plug it in almost every time I parked at home but it wouldn't need
anything like a full charge most of the time.