Old July 5th 18, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Electric black cabs

On 05/07/2018 14:35, David Walters wrote:

I don't really know about that. I've seen some people claim smart chargers
which know how busy the local grid is will save the day. If I had an
EV I'd plug it in almost every time I parked at home but it wouldn't need
anything like a full charge most of the time.

Although if the Powers That Be have their way, if it had charge in it
when you plugged it in, it would be used as reserve grid capacity for
any peaks, and so would need something approaching a full recharge
before you disconnected it. Sort of a mobile version of the Tesla Power
Wall.

Admittedly, this charge could be done off peak, but it could be a pain
if you need the car late at night before it had time to refill itself.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.