Old July 5th 18, 04:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jeremy Double Jeremy Double is offline

Default Signal failure at Victoria

wrote:
On 05/07/2018 14:50, Jim Chisholm wrote:
On 05/07/2018 11:28, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:58:26 on Thu, 5 Jul
2018, Graeme Wall remarked:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44721415

I smell a rat.

Of course it could be a rat (probably fried)
&
I bet a lot of equipment cabinets are not designed to dissipate the sort
of heatÂ* we currently have. I remember building simple circuits and
seeing how tolerant they were to both low and high temperatures as they
were to be in a field.

I wonder how often failures like this occur in India due to heat?

We do have hot summers and cold winters -- perhaps not to the same
degree and length, respectively, as India and Russia, but nonetheless we
are hit with weather extremes.

The annual temperature ranges in the UK are nowhere near as large as in
(say) Siberia or Chicago. The UK has a maritime climate, which means a
relatively small variation from winter to summer.

--
Jeremy Double