Old July 5th 18, 09:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Signal failure at Victoria

On 05/07/2018 12:08, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:58:26 on Thu, 5 Jul 2018, Graeme Wall remarked:
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44721415

It just did:

11:23
Disruption expected until 7am tomorrow

National Rail has now said disruption will continue until at least 7am tomorrow morning (Friday, July 6).

I can see why the Thameslink services on the Sutton-Wimbledon loop are affected, as well as others that use that part of the system. But this morning at least the Bedford-Brighton/Gatwick trains appeared to be getting through more or less on-time as presumably the route from Blackfriars to London Bridge and then East Croydon wasn't affected at all. So two questions to which I can't find an answer:

(1) Why didn't they tell people who couldn't get trains from Victoria to Gatwick or Brighton just to take the circle line a few stops to Blackfriars and get on a working Thameslink train?

(2) Why has the Thameslink service gone tits-up this evening - I see a gap of more than 2 hours between successive northbound trains to Bedford. There seems no obvious reason.

--
Clive Page