Old July 9th 18, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default Electric black cabs

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:14:59 on Mon, 9 Jul
2018, John Williamson remarked:
The average speed in London is *not* 8 mph. It's 8.something in
*central* London, and the average over *all* of London, including the
centre, is 19.something.

According to TfL, it was 7.8mph in central London, and 17.4 everywhere
else in 2017

Given the rollout of whole boroughs limited to 20mph I find the latter
figure hard to believe.

A quick glance suggests that there are _no_ boroughs that are 100%
20mph; it varies of course, but in general the "first mile" and
"last mile" roads are more likely to be 20mph and the "middle 8
miles" tend to higher.

Perhaps you could name a borough that you think is 100% 20mph and I'll
point out the roads in it which aren't.

Cheers,

--
Mike Bristow