Old July 9th 18, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Electric black cabs

In message , at 17:19:10 on Mon,
9 Jul 2018, Mike Bristow remarked:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:20:12 on Mon, 9 Jul
2018, John Williamson remarked:
Perhaps you could name a borough that you think is 100% 20mph and I'll
point out the roads in it which aren't.

I can't be bothered checking which ones, but while a few claim to be
completely 20mph, they all have roads which are part of the national
trunk network in them, which are at least 30mph,

And being trunk roads are congested enough that 8mph is a more realistic
figure.

Rubbish. Last time I drove on the A12 from the Green Man to Bow,
it was at the posted speed limit the whole way. And that was
at 5pm-ish, arriving at the Albert Hall at 5:45 (albeit on a Sunday).

A similar journey arriving at the National Theatre at around 6ish
on a Friday evening had a similar average speed.

But we are speaking *average* speeds, not the fastest possible.

as they can't set the limits on those roads, due to them being under
DFT control.

I'm not sure which roads are controlled by the boroughs, which by
TfL and which by the DfT; I'm just looking at the boundries of the
boroughs.

It's my understanding that TfL can veto the 20mph limit on major roads
which are bus routes, bicbw.