Old July 10th 18, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default Electric black cabs

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:15:01 on Tue,
10 Jul 2018, Mike Bristow remarked:
You think that trips made outside the peak are going to be *slower*?

First, sort out in your head the difference between statistical average
speeds, and the average speed for one specific trip.

This subthread started out with you disbelieving the TfL supplied
figures (in , John Williamson quoted
them; in
you rubbished them).

After some to-and-froing over the basis of your disbelief I gave
an example journey that more-or-less matched the figures of TfL.

At which point you suggest I misunderstand averages.

You seem to prefer your own theories over the measurements carefully
made by experts which matches the experience of a Londoner who
regularly uses London's roads. I think that's bold; but trying to
be the irresistible argument to your immovable opinion is likely
to bore the audience: don't take my future silence as tacit agreement.

--
Mike Bristow