Old June 11th 04, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Reduce Traffic - Turn left on a RED

"Peter Beale" wrote in message
o.uk...
In article ,

(Jeremy Parker) wrote:

Try Massachusetts. You too can drive like a Bostonian.

Just spent two weeks in MA, during which I came across
about three "rotaries". Anyone going to Boston is
well-advised to park on the edge and take the "T".
The "Big Dig" is coming to its completion, but
some way to go yet!

One thing which struck me as very odd (apart from
driving on the wrong side of the road) was a number
of quite major cross-roads where traffic from all four
directions is required to stop. They then look at each
other until one of them decides to proceed,
hoping that the other will not do so at the same time.

There is a four-way stop sign here in London - at the junction of Elgood
Avenue and Gatehill Road, in Northwood (HA6). Both roads are private.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped