Old July 17th 18, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Electric buses at waterloo

In message , at 11:46:47 on Tue, 17 Jul
2018, remarked:
Now I don't know about you, but I suspect an extra 240 * 30 = 7.2KW load
multiplied by however many houses have electric cars multiplied by 7 hours
will be quite a bit extra for the local substation to cope with.

The figure to keep bearing in mind is that much of the country's
electricity supply to housing is sized at 1.5KW average consumption.

No-one can just throw several extra KW into the demand and expect it to
cope.