Old July 18th 18, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
tim... tim... is offline

Default To Dover from New Eltham

"Jarle Hammen Knudsen" wrote in message
Looks like I need your advice again.

On Sunday 19 August I want to travel from New Eltham to Dover Priory
arriving before 11, returning from Dover after 18:30. I'm doing Dover
Castle.

Southeastern has a £25 off-peak day return offer, see
https://www.southeasternrailway.co.u...-offers/offers

Problem is I do not want to travel if it involves replacement buses

It seems that there are replacement buses Faversham to Dover that date

So either you will need to travel via Ashford (which, as you have
discovered, requires a complicated back track) or get to Dover via Margate.
This latter option may require you to be creative about where you actually
specify as your destination.

Neither option looks enticing. Can you do this trip on anther date?

tim