Old July 23rd 18, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] srfurley@googlemail.com is offline

Default Goblin latest

It's a foot tunnel. I've never heard of a foot ferry in Woolwich.
Pedestrians are of course allowed on the car ferry.

There used to also be a railway-operated ferry at North Woolwich, the burned out remains of the pier which it once served were still there a few years ago and may still be there now, I haven’t been there recently. It was killed off many decades ago by the mearby free ferry and foot tunnel. I think it may have been around First World War time, but I’m not sure.