Old July 23rd 18, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Goblin latest

On 23/07/2018 13:41, wrote:
It's a foot tunnel. I've never heard of a foot ferry in Woolwich.
Pedestrians are of course allowed on the car ferry.

There used to also be a railway-operated ferry at North Woolwich, the burned out remains of the pier which it once served were still there a few years ago and may still be there now, I haven’t been there recently. It was killed off many decades ago by the mearby free ferry and foot tunnel. I think it may have been around First World War time, but I’m not sure.

Thanks, I have heard that and seen the pier, but had forgotten about it.

--
Basil Jet - listening... NEU!. Naked Raygun. Nearly God. Negativland.
Neil Finn. Neil Young. Neils Children. Neroche. Neutral Milk Hotel. New