Old July 24th 18, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:59:49 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
"Recliner" wrote in message
news
Recliner wrote:

https://www.railmagazine.com/news/ne...deep-tube-orde

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the
Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.

In further news, Bombardier and Hitachi have launched a legal challenge to
the award in the High Court:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...t-for-tube-tra
ins-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34

in one last throw of the dice

Throwing the sour grapes more like. Though I wonder how much of the work will
be done by Siemens in the UK. If its not much then TfL and Sadiq will have a
lot of explaining to do.