Old July 24th 18, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default Plug sockets on buses

On 24/07/18 20:19, Richard wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 19:19:15 +0100, MissRiaElaine
wrote:

On 24/07/18 16:38, Peter Able wrote:
"MissRiaElaine" wrote in message

[snip]

Maybe I'm being just a little pedantic, but surely a plug is a plug and a
socket is a socket..? What, exactly, is a "plug socket" ???

You put a lightbulb into a lightbulb socket; you put a plug into a plug
socket.

Hmm, I'll have to think about that one..!

I'm with you! It doesn't have to be wrong or illogical to sound wrong
("train station")...

Richard.

As someone who worked for 15 years in the railway industry (BR) "train
station" never ceases to make me want to throttle somebody..!

--
Ria in Aberdeen