Old July 25th 18, 08:28 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mike Roberts[_5_] Mike Roberts[_5_] is offline

Default Crossrail GBP590m over budget

On 25/07/18 09:01, Recliner wrote:

As an aside, although I'll be a beneficiary of the generosity, I can't see
a good reason for London Freedom Pass holders to get free travel all the
way to Reading. It seems to be an unnecessary give-away.

I'm happy with that too? But it reminds me of a question I've not had
clearly answered.
Last time I travelled from Stanmore (LU) to Gatwick Airport the ticket
machine said my Travelcard (actually a Freedom Pass) was valid to the
airport, but the staff said I would still need to buy an extension
ticket somewhere. Will my Freedom Pass now open the gates at Gatwick?

MikeR