Old July 25th 18, 09:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Crossrail GBP590m over budget

Mike Roberts wrote:
On 25/07/18 09:01, Recliner wrote:

As an aside, although I'll be a beneficiary of the generosity, I can't see
a good reason for London Freedom Pass holders to get free travel all the
way to Reading. It seems to be an unnecessary give-away.

I'm happy with that too? But it reminds me of a question I've not had
clearly answered.
Last time I travelled from Stanmore (LU) to Gatwick Airport the ticket
machine said my Travelcard (actually a Freedom Pass) was valid to the
airport, but the staff said I would still need to buy an extension
ticket somewhere. Will my Freedom Pass now open the gates at Gatwick?

It's certainly not valid to Gatwick. You do need an extension ticket (or a
single from East Croydon — they cost the same). I'm not sure if extension
tickets can now be purchased from LU ticket machines, but I've been told
they are available from LO ticket machines (I've not put it to the test).