Old July 23rd 03, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Oliver Keating Oliver Keating is offline

Default Met Line Strike

"CJG" wrote in message
Heard a rumour/story about Met Line train driver who opened the doors on
the wrong side of the train at a platform. Didn't check to see if anyone
actually did get off the wrong side. Closed the doors. Opened the other
side. Then went off. Station assistant complained. Driver has got
sacked. Met Line drivers are going to go on strike to get him
reinstated.
True or not?

You know its funny, I was travelling in France on a train through the
countryside. It was quite hot, and when we got to a particular station
people pressed the button to open the doors. Amazingly people on the right
of the carriage (wrong side), pressed the button to open their door,
presumably to let in some fresh air, and it worked! I heard some other
English person commenting "I hope the TGV doesn't come by on the tracks
opposite!". Of course, their concernes were unfounded because TGV only
travels on its own dedicated lines. But even so, it was a bit of a suprise
to find there was no door bias in the system. This was, however, a rural
train rather than the Metro.

--
CJG