Old August 24th 18, 12:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Anna Noyd-Dryver Anna Noyd-Dryver is offline

Default Pointless messages on electronic platform boards

Laurence Taylor wrote:
On 21/08/2018 13:44, martin.coffee wrote:

I travelled from Gatwick railway station during the cancellation crises
at the end of June. Even with the reduced service there were last
minute platform changes and passengers expecting to travel on the
cancelled services were having to ask employees which train to catch
because the indicators were useless.

There is, or was when I was there last, a display monitor on one of the
platforms that shows (or can be made to show as the press of a button),
the station layout, appraching trains with numbers, and so on. It's
obviously meant for platform staff, but is very useful for passengers
who can understand it.

They’re quite common at staffed stations on the gWr network, and presumably
others too.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMw8y6AWkAARZnF.jpg

Anna Noyd-Dryver