Old August 31st 18, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar@cylonHQ.com is offline

Default future of HeX, was Secret map

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 20:44:02 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
John Levine wrote:
In article ,
Recliner wrote:
I suspect very shortly after crossrail opens at heathrow Hex will be

history.
Maybe even a matter of months.

I think it may survive as a faster, slightly more premium option, with
fares no more than £15. But no way will it survive with £27 buy-on-board
fares. There just won't be enough takers.

There's currently 4 tph on the HeX and 2 tph on the ex-Connect TfL.
Next year there'll be 6 tph on TfL, four to T4 and two to T5.

I think Crossrail is aiming for 8 tph to Heathrow eventually.

Along with the 12 tph on the Picc, that's 22 tph. Are there that many
people who want to take a train into London? I guess we'll see.

The 12 tph Piccadilly line trains are already packed, so there's certainly

Hobsons choice. I can guarantee that once crossrail is up and running and
tourists know about it the picc will become a ghost line. Few people apart
from local residents and maybe heathrow workers are going to use that hopeless
service to slog into london when they can do it in 1/4 the time for the same or
slightly more money (not sure of crossrail costs to heathrow).