Old June 13th 04, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Kitchen Phil Kitchen is offline

Default Usin Clapham juinction with huges bags ?

"Emmanuel Chantréau" wrote in message
Hello

We are a french family with huges heavy bags comming from Gatwick Airport
to Walton-on-Thames. I think the better way is by Clapham junction but is
there carriages or is it relatively easy without carriages ?
Is there a better solution (possibly usin taxy) ?

thanks
--
Emmanuel Chantréau

To get across from the train from Gatwick to the Walton-on-Thames train will
involve crossing to another platform, but the main problem you will find is
the train to Walton on Thames. The trains on this service do not have heavy
luggage racks, so the only space for them will be in the seat bays, or the
aisle. Again if travelling mid-week, the train to Walton-on-Thames will
probably be very full during rush hour. However, a Taxi would prove to be
quite expensive from Clapham Junction.

PK