Old June 13th 04, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Tube fare prices

Roland Perry wrote:
In message m, Roland
Perry writes

This is going to sound extremely dumb, I know. But when did a simple
Z1 tube fare increase to Two Pounds? Well, that's what the machine at
Paddington charged me to go to St Pancras.

Another question: From reading the literature closely it seems I can't
use Oyster pre-pay to travel from Central London to Ealing Broadway by
national rail. Although I can by travelcard (Oyster or paper), and both
ends have Oyster-operated gates.

Is this true, and if so, how is the casual user supposed to cope?

(There seems to be a whole page in the guide on how not to get charged
the wrong amount when transiting Wimbledon).

Oyster prepay currently only deals with singles, and you can't use an LU
single to travel from Central London to Ealing Bdy by National Rail.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7