Old October 20th 18, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Able[_2_] Peter Able[_2_] is offline

Default Swastikas in London

"Offramp" wrote in message
I suppose some of us know that here is an inlaid swastika in the floor of
Upminster Bridge Station. I didn't until about a week ago.

The only other permanent swastika I could think of is on the side of the
Indian High Commission at Aldwych, right at the end of Kingsway.

I remember a small Indian shop near me had a hand-written NO SMOKING sign
that was covered in hand-drawn swastikas, not meaning "this rule will be
rigorously enforced" but simply, "for health".

There are swastikas all over the place. In many churches you'll find them
in the brasses. People are called Swastika, too.

PA