Old June 14th 04, 10:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Fare anomaly?

In message , Barry Salter
writes
Why is that more expensive than the Bromley South CDR, particularly
considering that Bromley is on the inner edge of Z5?

Q1: Did he deliberately (or even accidentally) diddle me out of 80p?

Sort of...The ticket he sold you is valid by any train to Chatham, be it
via Dartford or Bromley South, and £8.00 is, indeed, the correct fare
from Boundary Zone 6 to Chatham with an Off Peak Day, Family, or
Weekend, Travelcard (being the difference between an All Zone Off Peak
Day Travelcard and an Off Peak Day Travelcard from Chatham).

It also means you don't have to get a train that stops at the station
where you change from the Travelcard to the CDR.

Having looked up the timetable online, I was only offered trains from
Victoria, all of which stop at Bromley South. I can see that the BZ6
ticket gives some extra flexibility (so perhaps that's why it's more
expensive?), but I didn't need it!